Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!


Today is my Dad's birthday.    So just wanted to take a minute to add him to the considerable number of Birthday posts.
My Dad is:  
hardworking
        thrifty (in the good way)
        generous (he always helps out his kids, he was the BEST to have 
                   school shopping or grocery shopping.
        a good example (served a mission, worked hard, etc)
        a great outdoorsman  (makes flapjacks with the best of them)
        a lifelong reader
        a backpacker at heart (and now so are the kids)
        a collector (better not elaborate this one)
        a great DAD.
        a great GRANDPA

Nick says:  I love my grandpa.   I like to call him Papa Dell.

Ben says:  He eats my ears,  What's going on?  I love him.  His clothes are so painty.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Sorry, trying to fix the text. Can't get the words where I want them Argh.

Bump and Erin said...

Hellllloooo!! Gosh I miss you so much!! Thank you for finding my blog and for writing! I just added you to my facebook friends, but it isn't as much fun to try to keep up with people on it. My family all have blogs and that is how we stay in touch. Your kids are adorable! I am in need of a massive get-away and I know that Bump is in need of fishing, so we would love to do the Park City/fishing on the Provo River thing with you.

Our new/old house is sucking the life out of us this summer and we really haven't had a chance to do anything, but work on it! Not that I am really complaining - it's a great house!

Let's get together and keep in touch!! Love you! Thanks for the memories!

carol said...

I showed Dad your blog this morning. Still has a hard time grasping the concept. He says tell her thanks for the compliments. And he likes the picture of him. Better than a birthday card.