Monday, July 28, 2008

July 24th!



We had a very fun, but very busy 24th.  We were at Lagoon all day on Wednesday, which I still love to do.   None of us are sick of it yet.  (of course, Zach can't talk, but he doesn't complain much)  Then at the last minute we decided to head to Park West for the evening.   Thursday morning while Erik was playing on Utah Lake with his work group, we went to the Uintah Mountains. 




I spent lots of time here and it reminds me of all the great memories with my family backpacking in these mountains.   I hope my kids will learn to LOVE it like I do.  

It was absolutely beautiful, but quite chilly, so no one really went in the water, but throwing rocks was pretty fun for the "kids"  (Vance and Brandon).    I would have loved to stay and hike to one of the beautiful lakes around, but we had a baseball game to get to.

We got back home with a little time to spare, so the kids talked me into taking them to the Pioneer Days celebration at the local park.




The boys had fun riding ponies (another step in overcoming Ben's fear (often disguised as love) for animals.   He is riding Peanut, and Nick is riding Snowflake), and the train, got some prizes and a snowcone and it was off to the game.

Erik's fellow work mates were all at the game, our boys, how should  I say it... were up too late the night before.   We did have fun, however.    


Ben quickly began flirting with the girls in front of us, and was on their laps for most of the game.  I don't think he stopped talking the entire game.    They also gave Zach a bit of attention, which might explain the look on Ben's face.

The fireworks after the game were spectacular.   Zach stayed awake the entire game, but didn't quite make it through the fireworks.    The boys made it until they had been in the car for about 2 minutes.    It was a great 24th, and we still had the entire weekend ahead!!!

1 comment:

ermakaluso said...

What a fun day! The pictures in the mountains are beautiful. Two things I miss about Utah are the mountains and July 24th. It just isn't the same around here! Don't tell him, but poor Ben is going to have competition from his brothers for years to come! (And good thing there are three girls on my end) ;)