Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Amy!




My sister Amy had her birthday yesterday, so I wanted to do a quick post in honor of my big sister.     Some of the things I love about Amy:   
1.  She is the queen of organization, I could learn this from her.   
2.  She is a great decorator, she could have been an interior designer.
3.  She is so much fun, and so funny.    We always laugh when we get together.
4.  Friday night, husband out of town.   Love these rare occasions.
5.  She is an expert photographer.   She took our family portrait even before the photo class.
6.  She is so athletic, she seems to be good at every sport.
7.  She is crafty (I was going to say in the making things way, but maybe both??  J/K)
8.  She is always there for me, to tend my kids, keep me company through labor, bringing me frosty's, to talk to, and a million other ways.   I haven't even gone through a pregnancy without her literally doing it with me :)



She is a great sister, wife, mother and daughter.   (kind of sounds like a eulogy)   I couldn't have had a better example  to look up to.

The boys wanted to add something too:
Nick:  I love Aunt Amy because she is your sister and she lets me come over to her house to play.

Ben:  She likes to talk to me.   I love her baby.   She gives me spaghetti.  (What???)

I didn't ask Erik, but he probably would just think of running hands through her hair or vice versa!

1.  Amy
2.  Being a sister
3.  Movie Night

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so nice to do all these tributes Tara. Happy Birthday Amy!! You never give me any spagetti!

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Ohhhh! I am gonna cry. Thanks! But you could have left out the double chin photo (or at least let me fix it in Photoshop)! J/K Laurie I would make you spaghetti too if you to told me every time you saw me that I have a cute baby.

erik said...

Thanks for playing with my hair.

carol said...

What a great tribute to your sister. My kids ROCK!

erik said...

Kid Rock.