Friday, May 30, 2008

Vernal Visit





Dad, Mom, Ryan, Zachary and I went to Vernal over Memorial Day.  For all those interested I thought I would post some pictures of Grandpa Willie's house and also the headstone.  Ryan got it a few years ago and I thought he did a great job picking it out, and matching it to Grandma Pearl's.  We did put some flowers on Grandpa's grave, they are just not in the pictures.    The house looked good, considering all things and we didn't really have yard work that needed to be done.  We also stopped by Enloe's and interupted the Walker Reunion. (Lois is a Walker)  Lois looks great, but says she doesn't make chocolates anymore, except on Holidays.   She remembered Amy saying "This is Heaven."   It was good to see that group of cousins.   It has been a while.    I got a great and pretty bad compliment, when Steve Walker (remember him, Mom's old honey) thought I was Carol!   Now I am not sure how to take that.  Does all this fat on me, make me look like I am 62?  And honestly Mom looks skinny and not a day over 50!    He is actually a really nice guy, and I have always taken it as a compliment when people say I look like Mom.  


1.  Ryan for getting the headstone    
2.  Babies being good in the car all day.    
 3.  Grandpa Willie



4 comments:

Tara said...

I was working on this when you asked Amy!

Unknown said...

I was fun to see grandpa's house. I think I have been there maybe once since his funeral. It was pretty bare in the backyard, you guys have done a lot of work to that place! I just found out that one of my friends from Cleveland is married to Steve Walkers son! Hopefully she doesn't check my links and see that we have been discussing her father-in-laws hair do!! Thanks for posting the pictures.

erik said...

Thanks again, Peanit. I was glad to see these photos.

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

who's Peanit...nevermind...too much information. Thanks for the pics. It was good to see the house is still standing. brings back a lot of memories. Gotta love that old guy!