Sunday, May 11, 2008

Two Wonderful Mothers!

Because today is Mother's Day, I am of course thinking about Great mothers.    I realize that of all the mothers in the world, I am one of the lucky ones who gets to have great mothers in my life.  In fact I am completely surrounded by great mothers.  I pay tribute to two in particular today.
 

Here they are (both with Zachary)!   I think that they have many similar qualities some of which I will list.  Short and Sweet and then I must get on with the festivities.

1.  They love their children totally and completely
2.  They are two of the most Christ like people I know (everyone would agree, except of course, them)
3.  They are both extremely selfless.
4.  They are both beautiful women
5.   They are the mother's of wonderful children :)
6.  They are both great cooks, housekeepers, seamstresses, and I could add to this list forever...
7.  They are two of the most fun people I have ever been with.
8.  They both love to be with their families.
9.  They teach by example.
10.  They both always know how to make me feel better
11.  They are both always there when needed, I can talk to them about anything.
12.  They are the best possible Grandmother's to my children (what more could I ask for)

Mom,   I love you very much.  Thanks for the example that you are to me.  I couldn't have asked for a better mother and best friend.   I am grateful for all that you have done for me.

Ilda,  I love you very much.   You raised a wonderful son for me to marry and you are truly a mother to me.

I am the luckiest daughter and mother that I know.   

1. My Mom
2. Erik's Mom
3. Nicholas, Benjamin and Zachary

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Couldn't agree with you more. Fun tribute to our mom.

ermakaluso said...

How fun to "see" your mom again! She is such a hoot and I will never forget her mopping technique. Tell her hello for me! And Happy Mother's Day to you!

bridt said...

this was a very sweet (and accurate) tribute.

Tara said...

Go back to the part about "raising a wonderful son for you to marry"...

Tara said...

Last comment was Erik Obviously Not Me

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Mom rocks! And Ilda is pretty awesome herself. When we were together when Zachary was coming into the world. I remember thinking how pretty she was too! Happy Mothers Day. You are lucky!