Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Go Transformers!





It was a sad day for Nick.   His last soccer game.  He has actually turned out to be quite a good little socccer player.  He is very aggressive and really goes after the ball.  He loves to play "defender."   He is super great at blocking goals and he hangs out in the middle of the field waiting to stop the other team.   Our coach has observed this and has given him some great tips to improve his game.   We have tried to encourage him to follow the ball after some of those great kicks of his so he could score some goals, but he is quite reluctant to leave his self-appointed position.   The weather has been crazy.   We have had so many beautiful days this spring.  It seems like all week is beautiful and on Wednesday morning sure enough it looks like another weird day.  (Rain, snow, sun, rain again, sun... etc) and then by Wednesday night we are sitting by the phone at the last minute waiting to see if the game has been canceled.   We had eight spring games scheduled, four got canceled and we froze at all four of the others.  Unfortunately we don't play on the same field as my photo savvy sisters, so we only have my snapshots of the only game I actually remembered a camera.    Poor Zach spent every game freezing in his carseat and Ben kept asking where his team was.    He will be so glad to get to play in the fall.  Next on the list T-Ball.   Nick said "Yeah, Mom sign me up, but it will be boring and I will goof around instead of listening to my coach"  At least he remembers it the same way I do!


3 comments:

Tara said...

I posted! Are you happy Laurie?

Unknown said...

Yes, and I am laughing at what Nick said! That kid is hilarious. Hey, I thought you got some really good pictures. Sorry to hear you missed half of the games, that sure is a disappointment.

ermakaluso said...

Soccer looks fun but I'm not out in the weather with you! We did a little sport camp when Kaylee was 4 and she didn't like it because she had to run too much. She has begged me to put her on the team this fall so we'll see how it goes...and hopefully it isn't too boring like Nick claims!