Sunday, August 10, 2008

Voyage of the Kinder II

About a month ago Erik's mom had a kids camp for all her grandchildren and I am just getting around to blogging about it.   She is such a fun grandma and the kids just love her tons!   For weeks before it started they couldn't stop talking about it.  It was like Christmas around here.   My boys had to miss the first one last year because Ben had some weird rash the morning it started, and we didn't want everyone to get it.  So this was the second annual Voyage of the Kinder.


She invites all of her grandchildren (14 of them plus 3 sort-of adopted grandkids) to her house for two full days and the party goes non-stop.   They had so many activities that it makes me exhausted just thinking about it.   I will list what I can think of off the top of my head:

-most importantly- learning about and remembering Grandpa Berge,  (pretty sure he is the inspiration behind the whole thing.
-making flags from around the world
-"visiting" many different cities and countries
   I think they even learned some french while "in" Paris
-making flags
-a prize "fishing pond"
-a pony ride (yes, Ben's first and he actually LIKED it!)
-fastest gun draw competition
-some wild west activities
-archery
-had their ship robbed
-giant sleepover at Grandma's
-excellent food and snacks
-treasure hunt
-campfire and smore roast
-a giant bicycle and big wheel race
-a huge squirt gun fight




She even made some AWESOME matching t-shirts for everyone.  I am sure I have missed things, but you can see that this was no small thing.   My kids have not stopped talking about it.   I will give some credit to those that helped (Britta, Joc, Chifumi, Erik, Hans and the older Hodgsons, etc...) but wow Grandma Berge YOU are the best!!!

5 comments:

carol said...

WOW! What a treat for all those grandkids. Hats off to Grandma Berge. Memories the kids will have forever. No wonder they love her tons! She is a great woman.

The Smiths said...

What an amazing Grandma! It looks like so much fun! Sounds like a fun and busy family tradition. What a way to bring the family together and fill it with fun learning activities.

Unknown said...

What a party-I have to laugh at the last picture where everybody is just passed out from all the fun.

ermakaluso said...

What a fun thing for the boys. They are going to have some great memories! I can't believe all of the stuff she planned for them.

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

wow! it made me tired just reading about it. Way to go Ilda! Sounds great. Does that give Grandma Carol any great ideas??? Hint Hint! J/K She does a lot of great things too.