Saturday, August 30, 2008

1st day of 1st Grade

School is underway again!  I am so glad.  Summer has been very fun for us, and now I am ready for fall.  It is hard to believe that I have a first grader.  He seems so young to send off every morning and to be gone all day long.  I hate it and love it all at the same time.  Nick likes his teacher and loves! school lunch (although he now thinks that Trix yogurt is a main dish, why is that a choice?).  He wishes that his kindergarten friends were in his class.  He isn't having a hard time making new friends, so I think he will be okay.  Ben is missing him.  He starts preschool in one more week.  Since Nick told him he can't ask his teacher for food, he has decided that preschool is not the place for him.  We will see.

4 comments:

carol said...

Cool backpack Nick. You are getting too big.

Unknown said...

He looks so handsome.

I bet Ben was crushed when he found out that he couldn't ask his teacher for food. That makes me laught.

ermakaluso said...

The full day of school was hard for us to adjust to last year and I still think Kaylee is too young! But I'll probably think that when she is in high school, so what am I trying to even say? Her absence is definitely felt by her siblings. I wish we lived closer so we could get together and play during school!

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Yeah! How did they get so big? Why did it take so long to get them in school? Just kidding. It will be nice to have some extra time??? We do need to find some boy projects. My boys think the girls get everything. There is probably some truth to that!