Friday, August 8, 2008

Blackberries for Sale

A few days ago, the boys were picking blackberries with their dad.  Nick has been trying to earn money to deposit in the bank.   (What a smart kid!)  He decided that it would be great if he and Ben had a stand.   I so far have yet to set up a lemonade stand with the boys, so I decided we should go for it.   I made some kool-aid and some lemonade and we put all the freshly picked berries into containers.   Erik had some yard work to do at the apartments and so he could be close but still not hovering.


They looked so cute and they actually did quite well.   They made $16.00 between the two of them.  I wanted to teach them about the expenses involved so I had them give me $2.00 for ingredients and ice, cups, etc... and they got to split the $14 left.   Best quote from Nick, "It was so fun mom, but I had to tell some people they weren't from "local" they were just from our yard."



4 comments:

The Smiths said...

Oh I love blackberries. There is nothing better than home grown, fresh berries. Looked like the kids had fun.

ermakaluso said...

I wish I could be there to buy some berries from your yard! Ever since my girls did their lemonade stand, I promised myself I'd always stop and buy stuff from kids. But I think your boys were too far away!

Unknown said...

Those look yummy! Any left overs? You are so good about teaching your kids about money. They look too cute sitting there by their stand.

carol said...

Sorry I didn't buy any punch and berries from you. I don't know what I was thinking! Looks like you did a great job boys even if they weren't "local". And made some good money too. Those are cool coolers.