Wednesday, June 11, 2008

St. George






We had a great trip to St. George.   We left the day after school got out to beat the rush to warmer weather.   The condo was packed to the gills, but we had a great time.  I love that the cousins know each other so well.   I hope they will always be friends.   Zachary went swimming for the first time ever, and he seemed to like it.   I even managed to not get him sunburned.  We had lots of swimming, we hiked around the "indian cave" which is really an old pioneer shelter, swam at the pool, played at the park, visited Sand Hollow Reservoir, ate good food, and my favorite, searched for frogs on our walk at the nature center.   We saw no less than 100 frogs and all the kids got to hold one, except of course our "animal lover" (unless of course they are actually "real" animals) Ben.   It was, however,  a break through.   He loved seeing the frogs, got very close to actually touching one, (he really wanted to, but couldn't quite bring himself to do it.)  Unfortunately, I am sure that we also mashed a large number of them with shoes and stroller wheels.   Wish I had a picture of the kids with all the frogs.  Some of us also saw bunnies.  We were ready to leave, but I think everyone had a great time.   Thanks again for the condo Grandma!!

1.  Nature Walks
2.  Grandma's with condos (and she shares)
3.  Sisters to vacation with (and their kids) and my mom

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We did have fun didn't we. I am going to be ready to go back in about three or four weeks. Especially if this nasty cold weather continues!! I like the picture of Zach in his swimsuit.

bridt said...

sounds fun. poor ben. :)