Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Zachary



It is hard to believe that Zach turned ONE on Sunday.   

We love this kid and are so glad that we were entrusted with his care.   He has brought such a happy spirit into our home.    Grandpa Berge was right on when he said there is nothing as good as having a baby around.  They boys love him and are so sweet with him.  Although soon they will realize that all of their toys are in danger.   (That is if he decides to move around a bit more.)

We celebrated his birthday in Park City with my sisters, their families and my mom.   It was a pretty low key affair that included a cake and a few presents.   I had visions of beautiful cakes and what we got was pretty disappointing.   I had pretty much destroyed the cake and Erik saved it a bit.   At least so we had something to get a picture of.   Zach improved the cake by making us laugh while he ate it.  He just leaned right in and took a few bites.   He received some sippy cups and a drum to play from us and Grandma and Grandpa Weeks and a great quiet book and finger puppets from Grandma Berge.  He even got wishes and gifts from the Berge and Harrison families who are far away!   Thanks Everyone!  I will try to get Erik to post a video clip.











7 comments:

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Happy Birthday Zach! Thanks for letting us celebrate it with you! I wish I could get away with eating cake like you do! Why waste all of that time with plates and forks?! You are too cute!

carol said...

Another grandbaby turning one - Where does the time go! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH! You are such a doll.

erik said...

Thanks for the laugh Buster!

The Smiths said...

I love the picture of Zach eating his cate face first. What a classic picture! He is so darling! What a big boy, they just grow up too fast.

DIY Daily Darling! said...

So cute, I love the cake. You Week's girls are so talented.
Camille

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! He definitely showed us the best way to eat cake-can't wait to see the video.

Betsey said...

Erik--cane we say Mimi-me. Looking at Zach and i am taken back to my cute cousin Erik--cheeks, hair--all. So great