Friday, April 16, 2010

I have been hearing about produce co-op's for about a month now and I finally decide to see what all the fuss is about.

I first ordered from Green Bee Co-op




and the next week I ordered from Bountiful Baskets.



They were both great. You pay about $15 in my case I order on Monday and pick it up on Saturday. I definitely felt like I got much more than I would have for the same amount of money in the grocery store. Green Bee was a little more expensive and I feel like I got a bit more produce from Bountiful Baskets. Both were great quality and I don't have a single compliant so far. (Ok, I guess I do have one. Bountiful Baskets is so popular that you have to order it right when it is available to have any chance at getting a basket.) I also like that Bountiful Baskets has you take your own container to haul your booty home in, instead of using so many boxes. I feel like I save tons of money and then I don't have to plan what we are eating for the week, it has already been decided for me! (At least, the fruits and vegetables anyway) My kids are also learning to eat better!

4 comments:

erik said...

Thanks again for filling our house with delicious and healthy food...... good work!

Bump and Erin said...

I have heard about Bountiful Baskets and wondered how it was. Glad to hear that it was a good experience for you.

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Looks yummy and like a great deal! I am having a hard time typing as the comment box is covering Zach's pic on your side bar and tay is freaking out. She wants to see him.

Mindy Caron said...

Hi Tara. I found your blog and right away felt "connected" to you! My maiden name is Berge - my family is www.BergeFamily.com. Your family is adorable! Blessings to you.